Medical Emergency Procedure (Pre-Travel & On-Site)
7 Step Pre-travel medical emergency procedure
- We establish relationships and work with hotel/travel partners with exemplary safety protocols
- We review all medical procedures with on-site medical professionals, including on-resort doctors and nurses.
- Travelers fill out the medical condition form
- Our team reviews every medical condition form response
- Escalated medical conditions receive a follow up from an S-Trip! staff to ensure that travel is best option for student
- On-site coordinators are debriefed on travelers with medical conditions on their program
- Coordinators meet with travelers with medical conditions upon arrival to destination and review emergency procedures
On-Site Medical Procedure
One of our staff will be with the traveler as soon as possible until the situation has stabilized and the traveler returns to the resort.
- Get immediate medical attention for the traveler
- Contact parent or guardian and notify of situation
- Contact S-Trip! head office and notify of situation
- Contact insurance partner to start claim file
- Communicate any updated information from doctor to parent or guardian (ongoing)
- If necessary, help make travel arrangements for parent/guardian to destination
- Once stabilized, find suitable transportation back to resort
- Continue checking on traveler throughout week and help them whenever needed
We have extensive experience in traveling students with existing medical conditions. No one should miss out on their trip of a lifetime.
- Over 2000 medical condition forms are filled out every year by our travelers
- 10% of travelers have an allergy
- 5% of travelers have asthma
- 1% of travelers have a severe medical condition
- We have experience traveling students in wheelchairs
We have identified the top 11 myths and misconceptions around S-Trip!